What are Jump Squats ?
Jump squats are a powerful exercise that is excellent for building explosive power, conditioning the muscles and joints of the lower body, and increasing the height by squats and vertical jump. It is also known as squat jumps.
This exercise works excellent on your glutes, lower abs, and leg muscles. Before you start performing jump squat, you should familiarize yourself with basic posture and landing position, and correct jumping technique.
How to do Jump Squats?
1. Stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart, slightly push out your chest and pushing your hips back slightly, chin up, and look ahead.
3. Palms should be together as you squat down.
4. Get up and propel your body upwards and jump. Throw your hands down to create force.
5. Land gently on the floor and squat down by bringing your palms together, making sure your knees are not caved and not crossing your toes.
6. Do 2-3 sets of 15 repetitions each.
Note: Make sure you use the whole foot to jump and not just your toes. And try not to let your shoulders lean out beyond your knees, as this can cause injury in your back.
Benefits of Jump Squat
This squat has various health benefits. This exercise works excellent on your glutes, lower abs, and leg muscles.
-This exercise helps to tone the leg and butt muscles.
-Helps to increase strength in the lower body and improves balance
-Jump squats can help improve bone density and benefit bone health.
All the above-mentioned details are just a simple and easy guide to do jump squats properly along with their various health benefits. You can do these at home, and you will see a difference in your muscle tone and fitness.